An event scheduled for Thursday, April 15, 2010 from 2:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. at the Georgia State Capitol is expected to draw a large group of pedestrians. The Atlanta Police Department plans to close the following streets near the Court Complex from 12:00 noon until 10 p.m.
1) Washington Street from Mitchell Street to Trinity Avenue
2) Capitol Square from Washington Street to Capitol Avenue
3) M.L. King Jr. Drive from Piedmont Avenue to Central Avenue
4) Courtland Street from Gilmer Street to M.L. King Jr. Drive
5) Mitchell Street from Central Avenue to Washington Street
6) The west bound lane of Gilmer Street from Piedmont Avenue to Courtland Street
The Court Complex will NOT be closed Thursday, but those who must conduct business at the Complex are urged to allow extra time for transit to and from the area.